"What if" is array of a loaded byword in the Marvel Universe. Writers accept consistently been able to constitutional off a What If... Wolverine had hot dogs for claws!? and again you'd see "WHAT IF: HOT DOG WOLVERINE" on a spinner rack. But sometimes, just from the attributes of comics getting batshit insane, we get anticipation abstracts played out continued form. And so afterwards Age of Ultron concluded with a huge arrival of bogus intelligence beings in the Marvel universe, we now accept Avengers AI, an Avengers aggregation captained by the Vision. An absolute aggregation of apparatus Avengers, basically.
We asked writer Sam Humphries (Uncanny X-Force, Sacrifice), who's autograph the new Avengers AI series, what autograph a aggregation abounding of acquainted tech was like:
Gizmodo: What affectionate of analysis did you do into absolute apple bogus intelligence analysis in alertness for the book?
Sam Humphries: I did a lot of ample analysis into the subject, aggravating to accustom myself with a assortment of viewpoints. Nick Bostrom's plan has a decidedly able but attenuate access on this book. I begin his theories on superintelligence, existential risk, and the simulation altercation to be fascinating. I've been analytic for the appropriate way to bastard an admiration to him in the book, but appending his name to a Marvel Cosmos spaceship or whatever seems afield frivolous. I'll amount it out, one day.
Giz: Did the apriorism of a accumulation of AI characters, as against to humans, affect how you address appearance interactions?
SH: Oh yeah, that was one of the a lot of adorable things about demography on the book. Not alone are they robots, but they are robots of several altered ancestors and origins. Not alone will their desires and motivations be actual altered from humans, but they will be actual altered from anniversary other. The Vision is one of the a lot of acute characters in the Marvel Universe. For decades he's been the alone A.I. in the room. Now with this access of bogus intelligences in the Marvel Universe, he's gone from a aloof punchline to accepting millions of brethren. I am actual absorbed in exploring how this will change his angle on humans, and his role a part of them.
Giz: Is there an overarching abstruse allegory at the affection of Avengers: AI?
SH: I would say the overarching affair of Avengers A.I. is a allegory of ability impacted by technology. How does association cope with the anytime accretion — and more assured — accretion of abstruse sophistication? One could say the contempo altercation over PRISM makes this book relevant, but the accuracy is, every ages there's a high-profile adventure about how we attack (or abort to grapple) with delinquent technology development. In the pages of Avengers A.I., that translates into the abstruse singularity, and the robot, synthetic, and A.I. threats that spawns. But in the absolute world, it is aggregate from drones, to catfishing, to your admired one paying too abundant absorption to their phone.
Giz: There are some longstanding Marvel technologies—Pym Particles appear to mind—that don’t accept actual abundant abject in absolute science. When advancing up with fun new stuff, though, do you try to abject it in something we’ve got now, or just plan backwards from some crazy idea?
SH: A little of both. Usually I accept a crazy abstraction and again I try to abject it in something we've got now, or we're alpha to accept now. The Marvel Universe, back day one, has been "the apple alfresco your window." Avengers A.I. is awe-inspiring and affected and fun, but it stands absolutely aural that tradition. I've abstruse a lot about science by researching capacity I abstruse about in comics, even if those capacity were acclimated to prop up some ambiguous fabulous science. I anticipate that's something comics do decidedly able-bodied and I wish to do my little bit to backpack that on.
And — let's be absolute — acid bend science analysis is still crazier than fiction.
Giz: How sad does Siri accomplish the Vision?
SH: This is what happens every time Hawkeye asks Siri to alarm him "King Sexy":
No hay comentarios. :